Sale Sold out
Regular price $10.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
A solo, journaling game about the joy of believing that you're alone in the woods and the terror of finding out that you're not.
Wendigo is a game about the peace of solitude and the terror of having that peace broken. To play it, you will adopt a persona called a character through whose eyes you will experience this story vicariously.
In the story you create, your character will run for their life through an unforgiving environment while fleeing from an unknown presence. You, the player, will roll dice to determine how well your character navigates the obstacles that confront them. Along the way, you will record their thoughts and fears using as much or as little prose as you'd like. Depending on how the dice fall, your character may live or die; they may emerge with their sanity intact or they may be forever affected by their encounter.
What you need
To play Wendigo, you’ll need the following in either analogue or digital form:
- An active imagination, a desire to be creative and at least a little bit scared, and a place where you can focus.
- A journal, blank paper, and copies of the character sheet at the end of this book.
- A handful of six-sided dice (abbreviated D6).
What you get
- The 56-page, fully-hyperlinked, A5 PDF, which features a minimal (but snazzy), single-column, print-friendly layout.
- A separate A5 PDF of the Wendigo character sheet.
For solo play. Ages 13 and up.
Wendigo is copyright © 2021 by David Garrett. Licensed for use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
This work is based on Heroic Tales, designed and authored by David Garrett and licensed for use under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.